By signing this application form, you are agreeing to adhere to the below terms of the Professional Resource Program:
1. It is expected that you will attend all scheduled orientation and training events. If you fail to attend any scheduled training session, you will be unable to participate in the program until the missed training is rescheduled.
2. You will agree to have your credentials verified by the New York State Child Abuse Central Registry and to be fingerprinted for a criminal background check as required for working with minors.
3. It is expected that you actively participate in on-site events/meetings held by the Professional Resource Program at the church. Support to your advisee may also be offered as you see fit through telecommunication technologies. This may include but are not limited to telephone, mobile devices, interactive videoconferencing, email, chat, text, and Internet (e.g., websites, social media, etc.). [If the child is under 12 years of age, parental permission must be obtained before using any media to contact the participant.]
4. The Professional Adviser is prohibited from taking or meeting any youth/young adult participant from the program outside of the church facility without the separate, written consent of the participant (if over age 18). The Program Director shall be notified in writing or via email if there are arrangements to meet the participant outside of the LRBC site, even if consent is given. A copy of the signed consent must be filed with the Program Director if the notification is not done via email. Lenox Road Baptist Church is held harmless for any activity that is held offsite.
5. The program does not require the Professional Advisor to update a legal guardian on the progress of the participant or nature of the advisement once the program is underway. The decision about what information to share, if any, will lie with the participant (regardless of age), unless there is a serious safety concern.
6. In the event of a serious safety concern (suspicion of imminent danger) for any youth/young adult in the program, the Professional Advisor must notify the Mentoring Ministry Leader (Rev. Dr. Sharon Downer) immediately or no later than 12 hours after the discovery. The Professional Advisor is also expected to notify the youth/young person that this disclosure is being made for the sake of his/her safety.
7. It is expected that Professional Advisors contribute to the evaluation of the program, however routine reports/updates on the advisee are not required.
8. The LRBC Mentoring Ministry may take and utilize photographs/videos of Professional Resource Program participants (advisors and advisees) during events at the church for documentation and promotional purposes. The LRBC Mentoring Ministry reserves the right to publish any photographs/video or other media and by the signing of this form, participants agree to waive all rights of compensation that may be earned as a consequence of the use of this media. I have both read and understood all the terms and information contained in this document, and consent to this agreement.